Mein Blog ist umgezogen!

Falls du nicht automatisch weitergeleitet wirst, klicke hier!

Sonntag, 22. Februar 2015

Why LA is my land of milk and honey

The one or the other who is following me via Google+, Instagram or Twitter already noticed that I have a passion for Los Angeles.

Well the reason is very simple. I lived there for 4 months and had the best time of my life. I call the city my land of milk and honey (Schlaraffenland) because of the huge range of food. There are big market stores, like Ralphs, Trader Joe´s or others. According tho those markets you have Farmers Market.This is a well-known grocery market and tourist place, like I told you about in the article Beverly Hills - Let´s go to the mall.

Food all around the world


LA provdides many many places for good food or a good dish. When I lived there I was eating all around the world: Kuba, Vietnam, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Chinese, Mexico, USA (burger, burger, burger), and German. I probably missed something but those are the national food restaurants which I visited.You see there is a lot of asian food, because I love it so much more than anything else! For example I could eat sushi every single day. :)

My favorite restaurants


The heart of my land of milk and honey was the Miracle Mile on Wilshire Boulevard. The agency where I worked as an intern had its office located in this area, so we went for lunch together very often. We chose from Chapotle Mexican Grill, Subway, Starbucks, Yuko Kitschen, Sake House Miro (located at LA Brea but not far away from the Miracle Mile), Five Guys, The Counter and some other asian small restaurants.It was so delicous. The more I think about it the more I am getting hungry! What´s with you?

View from a Cuban restaurant in Silverlake 


During the weekends I explored the city with friends or colleagues. So we went out for dinner at different places in LA, like Hollywood, Silverlake, Santa Monica or Venice Beach. There are thousands of good restaurants and every Local has another tip where you can go best. I am asking myself very often why I did not grow fat in LA. But the reason is simple. The food was not just tasty, it was healthy. People in LA really take care about what they eat and where it comes from. Of course it is because of the huge amount of models, actors and wannabees, but anyway the branch adapted the behavior and in every fast food restaurant you see how much calories you are going to order with your dish.

German food in LA


In the beginning of the article, I told you I was also eating german food in LA. That was at Wirtshaus located at La Brea. Well they had sausages, meat, mashed potatoes and german beer. So the beer was delicious! The food actually had nothing to do with german food. :) People told me the chef is German, but I didn´t really taste it though. I think the way spices were used was adapted to the taste Americans like. And yes I totally understand it, because this guy wants to make money! The beer was amazing, because I haven´t had a nice Radler since months. If you want to know how german food tastes in the US, check this spot. American celebrities love it! 

Menu at Wirtshaus


So I hope I gave you some good advise where to go for lunch or dinner if you stay close to Beverly Hills during your visit in LA. 

My land of milk and honey is the best place for people who like good and healthy food!

If you need more information about some nice restaurants, just let me know.

Yours
Weltenbummlerin


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen